NELA’s President Deb Hoadley has recently announced her vision statement for 2013-2014.
NELA will connect and engage librarians throughout the New England region, by providing opportunities to grow and learn with others in the library profession and beyond. There will be a spirit of collaboration and community as we share and network with one another building on the strengths of all the states in the New England area.
• Education and Leadership to Advance Libraries
• Member Engagement
• Marketing and Communications
• Focused Strategy on Building on Strengths of Organization
• Connections and Networking
• Engage students in library schools
• Sections & Communications Infrastructure
• Values – what do we need to focus on and how will it look (discounted memberships, educational opportunities, shadowing, networking)
• Membership (stronger connections and networking opportunities, meet across sections from state organizations)
• Communication and Promotion of NELA