Southern New Hampshire University’s traditional campus is seeking part-time Access Services Operations Coordinator to join the Shapiro Library Access Services staff. The Operations Coordinator manages Library student-workers in select procedural tasks, oversees all aspects of the Course Reserves workflow, and ensures the Library and Information Desk are prepared to meet the needs of the University community.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Hires, trains, schedules, and supervises Library student-workers in operational tasks including shelving, stacks maintenance, periodicals, resource sharing, materials processing, materials delivery, and special projects
- Oversees all aspects of the Course Reserves workflow by working with University faculty and Library Technical Services staff to obtain, process, and organize needed resources. Collects, distributes, and analyzes statistics on Course Reserves usage
- Opens the Library each weekday morning
- Is responsible for being proficient in Library policies and procedures and maintaining a strong customer service attitude. This position may staff the Information Desk during designated shifts or as needed
- Assists, as needed, the Interlibrary Loan and OCLS Coordinator in borrowing, delivering, and lending Library materials in both electronic and print formats for the entire SNHU community
- Works with accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Is designated essential staff and as such may be required to may be required to work from home in the event of Library or campus closure
- Assumes other Access Services and Library duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated successful experience working with the public
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work and adapt in a changing environment
- Supervisory or management experience
- Familiarity with libraries and academic culture
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Excellent oral and written communication
Typically Monday through Friday, 7:00am – 12pm. Hours may vary during summers, holiday/break periods, and during University College examination periods.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.