Library Director, Frost Free Library
Part-Time position as Director of Frost Free Library
Hours negotiable, 31 hours maximum
The Frost Free Library is seeking qualified applicants with three to five (3-5) years as Library Director or Assistant Librarian in a Public Library setting. MLS is preferred.
The Library Director is the front-line person in creating a welcoming, professional environment for all ages. They are expected to be comfortable working closely with Library patrons, town departments and administrators, and the general community. Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as a service-oriented attitude are required.
The Library Director is responsible for the management and operation of the Library and its programs in accordance with the policies established by the Board of Library Trustees. The Director will work in close cooperation as an advisor and active participant in policy and budget development, goal setting, planning and evaluation.
The Library Director exercises considerable judgement in making administrative decisions including personnel administration, public relations, collection development, budget management, program creation & implementation, and supervision. The director provides leadership to 3 staff and numerous volunteers.
- Experience with library automatic cataloging and circulation systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with library patrons, staff and volunteers, town boards and selectmen, the general public and media venues, and contracted vendors.
- Knowledge of management principles and public library administration including budgeting, organization, personnel, and public relations.
- Ability to supervise and manage funds allocated throughout all departments of the functioning library.
- Confidence in working with various computer hardware and software systems, specifically Microsoft-based programs, as well as printers, copiers, faxes, WiFi, multimedia and misc. technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and make decisions both independently and under the guidance of the Library Board of Trustees.
- Ability to supervise the Library’s collection development, including the selection and withdrawal of books, periodicals, audio-visual and electronic materials. The Library’s physical collection houses over 15,000 items.
- Ability to work closely with the Library Trustees and its agents to assist in the planning of the Frost Free Library plan for expansion of the physical space.
- The Director will be expected to attend paid professional development trainings under consultation of the Trustees, as well as Board meetings with the Town and Trustees as needed. The Director may need to be contacted at home for important issues.
- Strong technology skills a requirement.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Position will remain open until filled
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three reference contacts (two of which must be professional), to the Frost Free Library Search Committee by March 13.
Frost Free Library Search Committee
P.O. Box 487
236 Main Street
Marlborough, NH 03455