Temporary Part Time Programming Librarian
Pelham, New Hampshire is a town of 13,000 where the library is an important hub and community gathering spot. We are looking for a warm, imaginative and outgoing librarian to create, publicize and run weekly and monthly adult programming through February 2018. Other duties will include staffing the circulation desk including providing reference help and doing some drop-in technical training.
- Self-starter and detail oriented
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Excellent technology skills and desire to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of library computer systems.
- Extensive Windows-based computer skills and experience with office machines.
- Bachelor degree with prior paid public library experience.
- Demonstrated experience of community outreach/ partnership in putting on programs.
Must have flexibility to run programs in evening or on weekends as required. We are open 7 days a week during the school year. We are currently not open to the public on Thurs or Fri mornings.
Part time at 25 to 30 hours a week. Monday through Friday 9am-5pm. Evenings or weekends if necessary to staff a program.
Salary: $20 – $22 an hour
Closing Date: August 4, 2017 or until filled.
Please email the following:
· letter of interest
· a sample of your work publicizing a program
Win Flint, Director
Pelham Public Library
Pelham, New Hampshire