Reference/Access Services Associate, McQuade Library
The Reference/Access Associate will be a valuable member of two teams at McQuade Library. Reporting to the Head of Instruction & Outreach and the Head of Access Services, the ideal applicant is flexible, familiar with academic libraries, and able to juggle many disparate tasks. MLS students are encouraged to apply.
• Maintains, compiles, and reports on access, collection, patron, and instruction statistics.
• Assists with maintenance of library-specific software, hardware, and systems. Assists with staff training when necessary.
• Provides specialized research consultations and reference for McQuade Library users.
• Assists in the hiring, scheduling and evaluation of Access Services Student workers and maintenance of Access Services daily policies and procedures.
• Supports the development, delivery, and assessment of information literacy/ library instruction programs.
• Assists in managing all aspects of interlibrary loan including requesting items for all members of the College community and providing items to participating institutions while maintaining copyright compliance.
• Creates online guides and other materials for web or print publication in assigned areas.
• Contributes to the development, dissemination, and implementation of library policies and procedures.
• BA/BS is required.
• At least two years of relevant library experience, or library science study, required.
• Demonstrated skill and comfort with information technology and resources in a variety of formats, especially LibGuides, required.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Working knowledge of Evergreen integrated library system highly desirable.
• Familiarity with Apple iPads highly desirable.
• Reference/instruction experience in an academic library preferred.
SALARY: Not specified. This is a full-time, fiscal-year position. It is expected that the candidate will work 40 hours per week, including some evening and/or weekend hours.
TO APPLY: Please apply online with cover letter and resume to the Merrimack College Employment Opportunities page. https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=merrimack1&jobId=52922&lang=en_US
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.