August 28, 2017
Librarian II/Site Coordinator– Hartness Library, Vermont Technical College (Williston, VT)
Position: Librarian II Full-time, Exempt VSC Grade 12 VSC UP- PAT Bargaining Unit
Location: VTC Williston Campus, Williston Vermont
Compensation: Within the VSC UP Grade 12 salary range plus VSC UP benefits package.
To carry out professional library responsibilities; including performing reference services, collection development and bibliographic instruction. Direct, manage and coordinate all functions related to Vermont Technical College’s Williston Campus library. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, promote, and coordinate bibliographic instruction and reference services for the Williston campus and for Vermont Tech online/remote students.
- Library liaison and collection development for assigned specific subject areas.
- Supervise student assistants, including interviewing, hiring, training, planning and issuing work assignments, monitoring and scheduling work.
- Provide administrative support functions such as library promotion, preparation of reports and inventories.
- Keep abreast of current developments and trends in the field.
- Some travel required to provide instruction to Vermont Technical College nursing students.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Masters degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program, plus one to three years of relevant experience, including some academic reference experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
Broad base of knowledge and skills related to college library technologies.
Good planning, organizational, administrative, and supervisory skills.
Ability to deal effectively with library patrons and staff, including good interviewing, teaching, advising, and public speaking skills.
Valid Vermont driver’s license required.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience with Nursing and Allied Health reference and collection development.
Experience working with students and colleagues in an online environment using current technologies.
Experience with electronic resource management.
Starting Date: ASAP
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Incomplete application materials will not be considered.
NOTE: All full-time and some part time positions are subject to a fingerprint-supported criminal background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of this check.
Vermont Tech strongly encourages applications from members of ethnic minority groups and other underrepresented backgrounds. Vermont Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the Vermont State College system. In compliance with the ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.