The Town of Hopkinton seeks 2 (two) Per Diem Substitute Reference Librarians for its Public Library.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic individual with a flexible schedule to provide public library reference service on an on-call or as-needed basis. This individual will also be added to our regular Saturday rotation for staffing the reference desk (7 hours every 3 – 5 weeks).
Under the direction of the Adult Services Librarian, this position will be a substitute librarian to cover the reference desk as needed.
- Masters in Library and Information Science (MLS) from an ALA accredited program or students close to completion of MLS.
- One or more years of reference desk experience in a public library.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate and work effectively with other staff and library patrons of all ages.
- Comfortable helping library users with the Internet, electronic library resources, computers and other technology.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience in using an automated library system Preferred.
Pay Rate: $21.81 – $23.83 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Internal/External Applicants: To be considered for this position, please submit the required Application for Employment to email@example.com no later than 4:30 pm, Friday, September 22, 2017. You may also include a cover letter and resume, however the Application for Employment is required. While the preferred method of application is through e-mail or online, applications will also be accepted via walk-in or mail at: Town Hall, Human Resources Department, 80 South Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748. The Town of Hopkinton is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.