Customer Support Librarian, Merrimack Valley Library Consortium
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC) seeks a creative individual to fill a new role within our organization! The Customer Support Librarian will embody a commitment to quality member service and a passion for public libraries. The successful candidate will thrive as part of a team committed to ensuring that the 36 libraries comprising MVLC have the resources and support that they need to accomplish their goals and serve their communities.
Working under the supervision of the Collaborative Services Librarian, the Customer Support Librarian provides support and consulting services to help our libraries thrive within their communities. In addition to coordinating the consortium’s Helpdesk ticketing system, this position also fills vital role in network communications as the primary point of contact for the Office 365 email system and the consortium’s mailing lists.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Acts as primary Helpdesk coordinator for major systems by receiving, evaluating, referring, and/or resolving telephone, in-person, and electronic requests in a timely manner.
- Analyzes trends in Helpdesk tickets to assess the effectiveness of recommended workflows and identify areas for further training and/or documentation.
- Works with technical staff to configure the ticketing system, evaluate its effectiveness, and recommend improvements.
- Actively promotes the sharing of technical information within Central Site and the MVLC community.
- Works with the Collaborative Services Librarian to ensure that member libraries’ needs and interests are addressed within network communications.
- Develops proficiency in the basic use and understanding of the major systems at MVLC, including but not limited to the Symphony Integrated Library System, Enterprise Online Catalog, Office 365 Email system, SharePoint, Kit Keeper, Safari online databases, and OverDrive Digital Catalog.
- Assists in the development of support material for the ILS, Enterprise OPAC, email, SharePoint, Kit Keeper, and the OverDrive Digital Catalog.
- Creates and maintains email accounts and relevant MVLC mailing lists.
- ALA accredited MLS
- Proven customer service orientation
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues and learn on the job
- At least two years of public library experience
- At least two years of technical experience with automated systems or databases
- Competence working in a PC environment
- Experience with Helpdesk coordination with ticketing software
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other web design tools desirable
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Eric Graham, Executive Director, via email to email@example.com.