Raytheon Technical Librarian – Research – 2 Positions one in Woburn, MA (104469BR) one in Portsmouth, RI (104475BR)
To Apply — Click on the Hyperlink or paste the Hyperlink into your browser
The Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) Research Library enables the technical and business competitiveness of Raytheon by supplying relevant, authoritative, and cost effective information resources and services to employees world-wide.
The Research Librarian works with a team of librarians located at various New England Raytheon locations to provide library research services to Raytheon employees and perform daily site library operations.
- Providing reference and research services to support the engineering, communications, and business development community at the Raytheon Missile Defense Mission Center at the Woburn, MA facility.
- Performing on-line literature searches in technical, scientific, and business disciplines using various platforms.
- Conducting searches of technical literature, analyzing and evaluating data, extracting pertinent information, preparing information abstracts and bibliographies of material searched.
- Selecting and acquiring books and other materials
- Maintaining the physical collection, circulating materials, managing requests/holds, facilitating inter-library loan and document delivery.
- Providing education, training, and marketing to employees regarding the resources and services offered by the library.
- Climb small ladders while shelving of books.
Other tasks depending on shared workload:
- Managing the web-scale discovery service that promotes access to the electronic resources licensed by the Raytheon IDS Research Library.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining the library’s web presence, including the library’s website and the end-user facing interface of the library’s web-scale discovery system.
- Managing authentication methods used to access subscription-based electronic resources.
- Providing support for the integrated library system (ILS) that is shared among the enterprise-wide network of Raytheon libraries across business units.
This position can be an G07 (Technical Librarian II) or an G08 (Sr. Technical Librarian) based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
- 2 years of experience performing standard library operations working with integrated library systems (or similar tools and systems).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) or similar tools.
- Climbing, lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- Experience providing reference/research services in STEM subject areas.
- Experience working in a special or corporate library setting.
- Experience with copyright compliance issues.
- Experience with technical report literature and military/industry standards/specifications.
- Experience in managing, implementing, or integrating with web-scale discovery systems.
- Experience in the design, development and management of web interfaces, including demonstrated proficiency with HTML, CSS, SharePoint, and web authoring tools.
- Knowledge of science and engineering reference sources in both printed and electronic versions (IHS, IEEE, DTIC, Compendex)
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in copy-cataloging materials and understanding of cataloging tools and standards including OCLC, AACR2, MARC 21, and Dewey Decimal Classification system.
- Ability to set priorities and self-direct day-to-day operations.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as a team.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- BA/BS in Library Science, Information Science, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Ideally a MA/MS in Library Science, Information Science, Computer Science, or a related field.