Southern New Hampshire University’s traditional campus is seeking an Associate Dean for Research and Learning Services. The Associate Dean for Research and Learning Services is responsible for managing a newly integrated unit bringing together reference, instruction, eLearning, scholarly communication, information literacy, and assessment. These areas provide dynamic and effective research and learning services to the Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) communities. Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
The Associate Dean will articulate a vision and strategic direction to advance the Library’s research and instruction program, develop, sustain, and promote innovative research services onsite and online, and expand collaboration with the University community in support of teaching, learning, and scholarship in all facets of the academic enterprise. The Associate Dean will support the Shapiro library faculty in their teaching and research support activities, and will be directly responsible for program coordinator roles collaborating and supporting the different arms of the University: University College, College of Online and Continuing Education, College of Engineering, Technology, and Aeronautics, and Workforce Partnerships. The Associate Dean coordinates and develops the library faculty team of librarian liaisons to provide specialized reference services, course-related instruction, instructional design and individualized research consultations through an active and expanding research and instruction program. The Associate Dean will work collaboratively with University faculty to support the development of new strategies for teaching, learning, and scholarship.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Leads the proactive development and implementation of research support services that engages students faculty and staff across SNHU communities
- Supports the development and delivery of proactive information literacy instruction across all academic units at SNHU
- Directs library faculty program coordinators in the planning and execution of strong liaison activities supporting each university business unit (University College; College of Online and Continuing Education; College of Engineering, Technology, and Aeronautics; and Workforce Partnerships)
- Supports, directs, and develops library faculty activities across all subject areas
- Supervises part-time onsite and virtual reference librarians in the ongoing development of library research services
- Works collaboratively with Library faculty to develop and deliver scholarly communication activities and support to University teaching units
- Participates in the formulation of both short- and long-range library policies as a member of the Library’s senior management team
- Provides vision and leadership for Library faculty involved in research services activities onsite and online
- Recommends budget requirements to support library research services needs
- Works in collaboration with Dean of the Library and other Associate/Assistant deans to develop proactive, intentional strategies to stay ahead of user need
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited school of library and/or information studies or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years working in or providing service to academic libraries in the areas of research, reference, and/or instruction, with 5 years demonstrated experience supervising professional librarians and/or faculty
- Strong leadership experience and evidence of flexibility and initiative in a collaborative and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated deep understanding of the role of the library and its role in supporting curriculum and academic success, and in developing, providing, and evaluating services and programs for researchers, faculty, and students concerning identification, use, interpretation, and management of information and data in higher education and research
- Deep expertise in one or more areas of the position’s primary responsibilities: teaching and learning in higher education, academic success, scholarly communication, and developing, providing, and evaluating integrated services and programs for researchers, faculty, and students concerning identification, use, interpretation, and management of information and data
- Strong and demonstrated record of effective priority setting, policy coordination, and program and process development, and use of analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with multiple constituencies in a complex environment utilizing a variety of skills, such as managing change, setting goals, managing time, promoting teamwork, and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern information literacy theory and innovative teaching methods
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain deep collaborative partnerships to serve shared goals
- Strong service orientation with demonstrated history of supporting the academic enterprise
- Experience working within virtual service environments
- Strong service orientation, excellent oral and written communication skills, and excellent project management skills required
- Strong commitment to ongoing professional growth and development
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized for 10 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/j4m3m82g7rh6yj24