POSTED: January 3, 2018
Applicants Being Sought For…
Systems and Technical Services Librarian
Clinton Community College, a member of the State University of New York, is a progressive community college with a stunning location on the shores of Lake Champlain. The College plays a unique role in the local community and within the state by offering traditional and nontraditional students access to a variety of educational programs.
The Systems and Technical Services Librarian reports to the Library Director and manages several key library system technologies.
- Local administration of Ex Libris ALEPH integrated library system: install clients; edit Aleph configuration tables; implement upgrades and enhancements; troubleshoot and report problems; develop custom reports; train staff in use of Aleph modules, patron loads, reports, services and other components; and keep current with new innovations.
- Manage virtual discovery tools including electronic databases, Serial Solutions, SFX, library website, and other library systems and applications.
- Manage collection development, acquisitions, cataloging, processing, and maintenance of bibliographic database; provide support and training for technical services systems including online vendor services, OCLC Connexion client, and electronic reserves.
- Oversee college archives.
- Participate in library planning, policy-making, and goal-setting and development of new services and initiatives.
- Participate in staff meetings, college committees and professional development.
- Provide occasional library instruction and reference service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some evenings and weekends are required
- Graduate degree from ALA-accredited library and information science program.
- Demonstrated experience in managing integrated library systems and other library applications.
- Experience in managing electronic resources and web development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bibliographic and metadata tools (AACR2R, MARC21, OCLC, Dublin Core) and ability to perform original and copy cataloging.
- Fluent in MS Office.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to customer service and working in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work independently, managing a complex workload effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment and affinity for new technology.
- Flexibility in work schedule and duties.
- Commitment to professional growth and development.
- Experience with Ex Libris Aleph, Serials Solutions and other discovery tools.
- Experience working in an academic library.
- Experience with design and implementation of web pages.
- Second graduate degree.
- Understanding of SQL, SFTP, HTML.
How to apply:
Although the search will remain open until the position is filled, for full consideration, candidates should submit materials by January 26, 2018, including letter of application, resume, a CCC application form (available at www.clinton.edu), and unofficial transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Office, Clinton Community College
136 Clinton Point Drive, Plattsburgh, New York, 12901
Clinton Community College, a member of the State University of New York System, is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and complies with ADA requirements. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants needing reasonable accommodations during the employment process should advise HR as necessary.