|Bridgewater State University|
|Library Assistant III|
|• Position is in the Educational Resource Center, a K-12 curriculum library, located in the Maxwell Library.
• Position type: AFSCME classified (paraprofessional)
• Provides general library, research and reference assistance in person, electronically, or via the telephone.
• Assists customers with online database searching and discovery, with searching the library’s online catalog, and with using a variety of education-related resources and reference materials, including K-12 textbooks, juvenile literature, test reviews, curriculum guides, teaching kits as well as other relevant resources.
• Updates, creates and revises curriculum resource guides, other relevant Center documents, and web pages.
• Circulates specialized education-related materials such as standardized tests, reserve items, and special permission loans of non-circulating materials when appropriate.
• Assists with the management of the physical collections by re-shelving and re-filing resources, and as directed rearranging the Center’s various collections.
• Compiles and prepares on a monthly basis a variety of statistics using standard tools.
• Conducts group tours and under the direction of the Education librarian offers bibliographic instruction sessions as needed.
• Assists with training, supervising and evaluating student workers.
• In consultation with supervisor, assists with developing and documenting policies, goals, and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Applicant must have at least two years of full-time or equivalent part-time paraprofessional experience as a library assistant, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity, or any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions per the state job specifications.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to deal tactfully with others and provide effective customer service.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Knowledge of and ability to prepare general reports.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of supervision.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, to bend, stoop, reach, and push heavy book carts.
• Experience using library automated systems and the equipment typically found in libraries (i.e., printers, photocopiers, scanners, etc.)
• Knowledge of educational library research and reference materials and general library services.
State Job Specifications are available in the Human Resources Office and/or the department web page: www.bridgew.edu/hr
• Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office productivity applications.
• Associate’s degree or higher.
• Academic library experience, especially in customer services.
• Familiarity with basic concepts in teacher education, educational pedagogies and practices.
• Experience and comfort with leading group tours.
|$1,531.50 bi-weekly (Grade 14, Step 1)|
|Send Application to|
|See full job ad and application instructions at:
(Bridgewater State University Human Resources website)