|Research and Instruction Librarian|
|Tenure Information||Tenure Track|
|Department Summary||Bridgewater State University’s Library Services is located in the Clement C. Maxwell Library and is open an average of 94 hours each week during the academic year. It is a busy, dynamic place with classrooms, academic and administrative offices throughout the building. The library serves all BSUstudents, faculty, staff, and researchers from across the country and world.
Library Services is dedicated to meeting the needs of its communities, to updating its service models as pedagogies and librarianship evolve, to renewing the knowledge and skills of librarians and staff as practices change, to deploying new technologies to improve interactions with library users and to enhance user experiences.
|Essential Duties||Library Services seeks an innovative, creative and service-oriented professional for the position of Research and Instruction Librarian. This is a tenure-track librarian position reporting to the Director of Library Services. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with others to identify, develop, deploy, manage, and improve new and existing programming that support research, teaching, learning and creative activities. The successful candidate will supervise and evaluate part-time librarians and full-time support staff assigned to Reference Services.
|Required Qualifications||• Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution
• Relevant experience in an academic, large public, or special library, or in a related field.
• Experience using a wide variety of online research tools, resource guides such as LibGuides, instructional technologies, and virtual reference services.
• Experience with web-scale discovery layers and metasearch technologies.
• Experience providing outreach services.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills and knowledge of various research methodologies.
• Ability to effectively work independently and collaboratively.
• Evidence of ability to successfully engage in professional activities and disciplinary scholarship to satisfy promotion and tenure requirements of the Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA) contract. http://mscaunion.org/contract/
|Preferred Qualifications||• Second Master’s degree in a related discipline (second master’s degree required for promotion beyond associate librarian rank).
• Broad experience with information literacy standards and applications.
• At least two years relevant experience in an academic or research library.
• Experience with instructional design and learning management systems.
• Experience with user experience and assessment methodologies.
• Familiarity with Quality Matters or other quality assurance system.
|Special Conditions for Eligibility||Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.|
|EEO Statement||Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.