Research and Instruction Librarian
Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater, MA 02325
Library Services at Bridgewater State University seeks an innovative, creative and service-oriented professional for the position of Research and Instruction Librarian. This is a tenure-track librarian position reporting to the Director of Library Services. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with others to identify, develop, deploy, manage, and improve new and existing programming that support research, teaching, learning and creative activities. The successful candidate will supervise and evaluate part-time librarians and full-time support staff assigned to Reference Services.
• Provides user-focused research and reference assistance for a diverse student, faculty and community population.
• Delivers expert one-on-one consultations to faculty, students, staff, and others emphasizing searching skills, critical appraisal of resources, information management, research impact measurements, research data management, and more.
• Works with others to advise faculty and students on scholarly communication issues, which may include copyright and publication strategies.
• Applies knowledge of services and trends in academic libraries to support undergraduate and graduate education.
• Applies knowledge of new and emerging technologies to help develop and continually improve innovative programs, research collections, and instruction to support teaching, learning, research, and creative activities.
• Teaches in-person and online sessions as requested and as needed.
• Develops research guides, tutorials, learning objects, and other tools for promoting and fostering learning and research.
• Builds collaborative relationships and develops programming with campus partners.
• Works with others on- and off-campus to market and promote research services, instruction and library resources.
• Stays current with developments in librarianship and higher education.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
• Relevant experience in an academic, large public, or special library, or in a related field.
• Experience using a wide variety of online research tools, resource guides such as LibGuides, instructional technologies, and virtual reference services.
• Experience with web-scale discovery layers and metasearch technologies.
• Experience providing outreach services.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills and knowledge of various research methodologies.
• Ability to effectively work independently and collaboratively.
• Evidence of ability to successfully engage in professional activities and disciplinary scholarship to satisfy promotion and tenure requirements of the Massachusetts State College Association (MSCA) contract.http://mscaunion.org/contract/.
For full position details and to apply online, please visit http://jobs.bridgew.edu/postings/9968
Deadline for applications is 02/23/2018