Position: e-Content Collections Librarian
Employment type: Full Time, permanent
Salary range: $47,502 – $63,626 in ten steps
Location: 4 High Street, North Andover, Massachusetts 01845
Contact: Eric Graham, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions: Please submit your cover letter and resume via email. Include your last and first name in the file name of each document.
The Electronic Content (e-Content) Collections Librarian maintains and expands MVLC’s shared digital collections of books, serials, documents, audiovisuals, or other electronic materials. The e-Content Collections Librarian interacts with publishers, vendors and aggregators to select, acquire, establish, and maintain licensing and access to the consortiums shared electronic resources. Duties also include resolving complex problems related to orders, renewals, and access.
The e-Content Collections Librarian assists MVLC user groups and individual MVLC libraries in locating, obtaining and using collections of electronic materials. The e-Content Collections Librarian selects and curates content, provides training and documentation for library staff, and measures the use of the shared e-Content collections. Works with MVLC’s Information Technology staff to ensure the consortium maintains an appropriate technical infrastructure to deliver e-Content to the patrons and staff of MVLC’s 36 member libraries.
MVLC’s shared e-Content collections include OverDrive, Freegal, Axis360, and Safari. MVLC libraries’ collections of e-Content include Hoopla Digital, TumbleBooks, Flipster, Zinio, and Comics Plus. The e-Content Collections Librarian is expected to work with libraries to make the most of both their shared and individual e-Content collections.
The Electronic Content (e-Content) Collections Librarian reports to the Assistant Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides effective communications and quality customer service to member libraries. Effectively cooperates and communicates with fellow coworkers, vendors, and patrons.
• Under the direction of the Assistant Executive Director, ensures that the e-Content collection acquisition procedures result in a shared consortium collection that meets the circulation turnover goals of MVLC member libraries.
• Ensures that MVLC shared electronic collections meet the demand management goals, policies, and procedures determined by MVLC member libraries.
• Curates shared electronic collections under the direction of the Assistant Executive Director and MVLC user groups.
• Interacts with publishers, vendors and aggregators to select, acquire, establish, and maintain licensing and access to the consortium’s shared electronic resources.
• Serves as a resource for MVLC member library personnel on electronic resource management issues.
• Provides leadership in developing and maintaining awareness of emerging technologies, standards, and technical issues relating to the acquisition, licensing, access, and usage of electronic resources.
• Recommends and implements new initiatives for acquiring, managing, and processing shared electronic resources.
• Provides troubleshooting and resolution of access problems as they arise.
• Presents regular training programs to MVLC member library staff in the use of electronic collections.
• Creates patron and staff facing documentation for MVLC shared electronic resources.
• Works with the Collaborative Services librarian and PR committee to provide patron facing marketing collateral for MVLC shared e-Content collections.
• Provides timely monthly and annual e-Content circulation statistics to MVLC member libraries.
• Provides turnover and demand management statistical analysis for e-Content collections.
• Meets with appropriate MVLC User Groups.
• Executes special projects and other duties as assigned.
• ALA accredited MLS
• Proven customer service orientation
• Positive attitude and flexibility
• Obsessive attention to detail
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• At least two years of experience with automated systems or databases
• At least two years of experience in a public library environment
• At least two years of experience with e-Content Collection Development
• Competence working in a PC environment
• Skills in Office 365 desirable