The Shapiro Library at SNHU is seeking to expand the eLearning Librarian team through another eLearning position. We are a growing and innovative institution serving a large online population. Please see the description below for more information.
Southern New Hampshire University’s traditional campus is seeking an eLearning Librarian. This faculty position will contribute to the formulation, production, and advancement of initiatives that support Southern New Hampshire University’s online programs. Working collaboratively with the eLearning team, faculty, and staff, the successful candidate will implement and support innovative student-centered solutions and integrate the appropriate technologies to support instructional and research activities for online learners.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Act as a library liaison for University initiatives with stakeholders across the College for Online and Continuing Education (COCE) and Workforce Partnerships’ (WfP) Competency Based Education programs
- Develop learning objects, videos, and tutorials to enhance information literacy/research skills and access to library resources
- Participate in curriculum design across the University
- Troubleshoot access and technical issues with library resources in online courses
- Conduct information literacy instruction online or in person for University programs
- Perform library faculty responsibilities including participation in Library, University, and external professional committees
- Participates in collection development and management to support online programs
- Advise the SNHU community on issues related to copyright, accessibility, and refer to General Counsel as appropriate
- Leads and participates in special projects as assigned
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program
- At least two years professional experience in an academic library
- Knowledge of instructional design and learning theories as they apply to online education
- Experience creating and maintaining learning objects
- Ability to write, record, edit and produce instructional videos and knowledge of best practices in management, ADA compliance and organization of videos
- Experience using design and editing software for media like Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Articulate, or other eLearning software
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues with library resources
- Experience delivering library instruction online and in person
- Experience providing reference via email, chat, text, phone and in-person to staff, faculty and students
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology tools and skills
- Collection development experience
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized for 10 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!