Executive Director ~ Southington Public Library and the Barnes Museum
POSTING DATE: April 3, 2018
CLOSING DATE: April 27, 2018
● Apply online:
● Questions pertaining to the process can be emailed to: email@example.com
REPORTS TO: Town Manager
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: The Executive Director oversees the operations of all library departments and the Barnes Museum; directs the development, repair, and maintenance of the library building and the Barnes Museum; and formulates library and museum policies for review by the Library Board and the Town Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
● Develops the Library and Museum’s budget.
● Oversees the Library and Museum’s collections.
● Determines technological needs.
● Performs community outreach and engagement.
● Responsible for managing the operations of the Barnes Museum, an historic homestead with an extensive archival collection of diaries, documents, and land records dating back to the 1740s.
● Must be enthusiastic about the changing trends in public libraries.
● Promotes an institutional culture that is responsive to the needs of the community.
● Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university; and,
● Five (5) years of progressively responsible library administration experience, including three (3) years in a supervisory capacity.
● Experience in strategic planning, grant writing, and historical preservation practices a plus.