Emerging Technologies Librarian, Pelham Public Library, Pelham, NH
The Pelham Public Library in Pelham, NH (pop. 12, 897) seeks an innovative technology librarian to join our team. This full time position will manage the technology inside the library, as well as our online presence. Additional duties include covering a public service desk one night per week and weekend hours on a rotation.
A Masters in Library Science and a minimum of two years of professional library experience is required, with at least one year working with emerging technologies. Specialized education, training or experience may be substituted for part of the educational requirement. Experience with Koha, Userful, HTML, SQL, and Niche Academy a plus.
- Manages administrative aspects of the integrated library system
- Manage and plan related software, upgrades, and backups.
- Train staff on advanced features of the ILS, such as generation and analysis of reports.
- Resolve technical issues related to the staff and public interfaces
- Liaison with Town IT Department as needed
- Manages electronic library resources/digital content – books, audios, films, and databases
- Facilitate vendor relationships, including evaluation, upgrades and support
- Monitors trends and implementation of software, hardware, and handhelds for patrons and librarians
- Maintains and updates library’s webpage, portal page, electronic newsletters and social media channel
- Interpret and implement data derived from web analytics
- Analyze and address web page design based on library needs
- Maintain and update Pelham Public Library website
- Train staff on content management
- Troubleshoots issues with public computers, Userful, and Koha.
- Provides direct patron support
- Offer “Tech & Device Drop In”
- Present workshops on social media networking, privacy instruction, popular mobile apps
- Create online instructional materials
- Liaison, along with Children’s and Young Adult Librarians, to Pelham schools
Salary range is $43,000-$50,000 with excellent Town benefits package.
Open until filled but application review will begin June 1, 2017.
Please submit resume, cover letter and samples of your digital portfolio (such as statistical spreadsheet, webpage, blog, or other digital content you created) to Rita Gavelis, Library Director.