PART TIME CHILDREN’S LIBRARIAN
15 HOURS PER WEEK MAXIMUM
Mansfield Public Library is seeking a creative, energetic, and enthusiastic team player for the position of Part time Children’s Librarian.
- Provides excellent professional library reference services by assisting patrons of all ages with information retrieval, location of materials, use of computers and databases
- Provides reader’s advisory
- Performs duties specific to the Children’s Department including but not limited to: leading story times, assisting with special events or programs, creating displays, flyers, bookmarks, electronic email blasts, and social media promotions
- May be asked to perform duties at the Circulation Desk including check-out and discharge of materials
- Cover adult/YA reference desk as needed
- Other duties as required
- Work is performed under the general supervision of the Youth Services Librarian
- MLS or enrollment in an MLS program
- Coursework in children’s services and/or children’s literature is preferred
- Must enjoy working with children and their caregivers
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of children’s literature
- Familiarity with automated library systems and technology required
- Familiarity and ability to utilize social media
- Ability to work effectively with the public, including oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, dependable team player
- Physically able to bend, stretch and lift materials from floor to overhead shelves
15 hours per week. Position requires two nights per week on Tuesday Thursdays.
This is a part time position and does not include town benefits.
Starting salary is $24.79 per hour.
Closing date is June 15, 2018.
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and MLS transcript to:
Catherine Coyne, Library Director
Mansfield Public Library
255 Hope St.
Mansfield, MA 02048