Access Services Librarian, Clinton Essex Franklin Library System
The Clinton Essex Franklin Library System is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Librarian I.
Under the supervision of the Automation and Technical Services Librarian, the Librarian I will assist in cataloging, acquisitions and training for the library system.
Education, Preparation, and Training
- Master’s Degree in Librarianship (MLS) from a library school that is accredited by the American Library Association or recognized by the New York State Education Department; AND possession of, or eligibility for a New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate
- Basic knowledge of library vocabularies, standards, and schemas such as RDA, AACR2, and MARC
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to speak to small groups and effectively train people to use technology
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to manage projects effectively, with attention to detail
- Ability to use technology, including Microsoft Office, integrated library systems and web interfaces
- Performs copy cataloging with the goal of making library materials accessible to all residents
- Assists with interlibrary loan
- Provides vacation backup for other department members, including unpacking delivery boxes, changing backup tapes, providing basic phone assistance to member libraries on the ILS (Horizon)
- Manages collection development of a portion of the library system collection
- Assists with and provides library technology related training to member library staff
- Contributes articles and information to library system website and other digital media
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Extensive use of computers
- Extensive time sitting and standing
- Travel to sites in Clinton, Essex and Franklin Counties may be required, therefore a valid New York State Driver’s license is required
About the Clinton-Essex-Franklin Library System: The Library System (www.cefls.org) is a non-profit federated public library system serving the residents of Clinton, Essex and Franklin Counties, chartered by the New York State Department of Education. We serve a population of approximately 173,000 and have a staff of 9 full time and 4 part time employees. CEFLS serves 30 member public libraries, 3 reading centers and a number of correctional facilities and senior living facilities.
Compensation: This is an entry level, Civil Service position, represented by CSEA, and appointment will be provisional pending a Civil Service training and experience exam. Residency has been waived. Minimum salary upon appointment will be $47,229 (Step 1). The work week is 37.5 hours. Benefit package includes medical and NYS Retirement System pension plan.
To Apply: Interest candidates should apply with cover letter and resume via email to Interim System Director Betsy Brooks at [email protected]. All applications will be kept confidential. References will be requested of finalists, only.
If you are enthusiastic, customer-service driven, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and dedicated to public library service, we invite you to apply.
Deadline: To insure consideration for this position, please apply by July 3, 2018.