Children’s/Youth Services and Programming Associate
The Roeliff Jansen Community Library in Copake, NY, is seeking an energetic and creative full-time Children’s/Youth Services and Programming Associate to develop and oversee the Library’s children’s and young adult collections and programs and to help coordinate, with the director and board, the Library’s adult programs. The Children’s/Youth Services and Programming Associate, who reports to the Director of the Library, will also assist with circulation and reference duties, materials processing, and community outreach.
- Work with the Youth Team to plan, promote, implement, and evaluate programs for children, young adults, and families
- Maintain and develop the children’s and young adult collections, selecting, ordering, processing, cataloging, and repairing materials
- Work with Program Committee, as needed, to plan, promote, and implement adult programs
- Work the circulation desk, with volunteers, and field reference questions
- Assist patrons with computer questions
- Maintain and expand the Library’s social media presence
- Recruit, train, and work with youth-oriented volunteers including, perhaps, a youth advisory team
- Work with local schools and camps to introduce young people to the Library
- Identify opportunities to secure grants for programs geared to children and young adults
- Maintain statistics and develop reports
- Take responsibility of the building in the absence of the Director
The candidate must have strong customer service skills and be able to work with people of all ages and temperaments, especially with children and young adults, be comfortable with computer and A/V technology and savvy with social media, and enjoy working as part of a team.
Must be able to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, MLS preferred
Salary mid-30,000s. Benefits include paid vacation and sick time and health insurance contribution.
The Roeliff Jansen Community Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this position, along with the names and contact information for three professional references, to Tamara Gaskell, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin July 30.