St. Johnsbury Athenaeum
Job Title: Youth Services Librarian
Reports to: Coordinator of Library Services
The Youth Services Librarian is the professional with primary responsibility for the collections, programs, and services for children and young adults at the Athenaeum. This is a full-time position with benefits. Work schedule is Tuesday-Saturday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire, catalog and withdraw materials in the children’s and young adult collections, in accordance with the Athenaeum’s selection criteria and process.
- Develop and deliver programming for children and young adults.
- Contribute to publicity for library programs and services.
- Provide circulation, reference and technical assistance to patrons.
- Collaborate on and manage Youth Services grants.
- Direct children’s outreach services.
- Coordinate and lead the Teen Advisory Board.
- Contribute to the formulation of Athenaeum library policies.
- Contribute to the Athenaeum’s strategic planning process.
- Participate in all meetings of Athenaeum staff.
- Participate in the annual budget process, with ideas for making the library as efficient and effective as possible.
- Cooperate with other libraries, agencies, and organizations, and schools in the delivery of library services.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science preferred. Those with a bachelor’s degree and Certificate of Public Librarianship (or in the process of completing such) are encouraged to apply as well.
- Thorough knowledge of current, professional library principles and practices.
- Ability to work independently and in a small team setting.
Deadline: Wednesday, July 18.
How to Apply:
Send an email with attached resume and cover letter to Bob Joly, Athenaeum Director, at [email protected]. No phone calls please.