Rodgers Memorial Library is seeking a full-time, Reference Librarian/ Library Services Coordinator. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) year-round position required to work one or two evenings a week with at least one Saturday/month. The position will be subject to a six-(6)-month probationary work period.
- Reports to Library Director
- Serves as department head for the Reference department.
- Oversees and coordinates schedule for Reference Desk
- Actively assists adult and young adult patrons in using print, non-print and electronic resources to secure information
- Collection management of non-fiction collection
- Assists patrons in using computer resources
- Prepares readers’ advisory materials and aids
- Maintains library museum pass program
- Oversees the library’s genealogy program
- Prepares and reports Reference department statistics for monthly reports
- Works with other staff and patrons to ensure accurate entry of events to library calendar
- Prepares or oversees monthly newsletter and publicity for library programs
- Excellent customer service skills.
- MLS candidate required, MLS preferred. 2+ years of library experience including some supervisory experience
- High level of computer literacy required including social media, online resources Microsoft Office
- Ability to train and supervise assigned staff
- Actively enjoys working in collaborative environment
Applicants must possess the willingness to learn new skills. Must have good judgment and show initiative. Must be able to push or pull carts, do a moderate amount of bending, squatting, lifting (up to 40 lbs.), stretching and standing for extended periods of time.
The position will be covered by benefits offered to full-time employees of the Town of Hudson, NH. Finalists will be subject to a Criminal Background Check.
Closing Date: September 15, 2018 or until position is filled
Salary: $18.50 to start, 40 hours per week.
To Apply: Send resume with references and a letter of interest:
Linda Pilla, Library Director, [email protected]