Location: Gleason Public Library, Carlisle, MA
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week, with some evenings and Saturday rotation
Salary: Starts at $76,142.49
Vibrant community library seeks an energetic, positive, innovative, customer-service oriented professional to fill the role of Assistant Director and Head of Technology. The purpose of this position is to assist the Library Director in coordinating and directing the daily operations of the Gleason Public Library, and to plan, implement, coordinate and direct the operations of the Technology and Reference departments. We seek candidates who will continually strive to improve the use of technology in delivering library services, including emerging technologies, hardware, software, and staff training.
The position of Assistant Director requires a high degree of administrative, diplomatic skills, and knowledge of library professional skills as well as a passion for community service. Responsibilities of this position include both administrative and direct patron services.
Carlisle is a small residential town about 20 miles northwest of Boston. With a population around 5,000, Carlisle has a rural feel and strong community spirit. Gleason Public Library is well-supported and a center of activity in our town.
See full job description at: www.gleasonlibrary.org/employment
- Master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited school
- Minimum of three years of professional library experience, including experience in department supervision; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of contemporary public library administration.
- Broad knowledge and experience with computer networks, integrated library systems, computer software and hardware and library technology, and their application to library services.
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Budgetary skills. Skill in pursuing and administering grants and other funding opportunities.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Martha Feeney-Patten, Library Director, at [email protected] by 5 p.m. on September 25, 2018