Records Generalist – Contract
The Records Generalist will support all of the Information Management team’s records management responsibilities on behalf of Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge Trust, LLC, on a temporary assignment basis. Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential.
- Prepare, scan, and index office documents utilizing the office scanning procedures into the document management system in a timely manner.
- Research and assist in the development of records retention schedules with business users. Transfer records into archival boxes or files, index the contents into inventories, and bar code the boxes or files for submittal to a commercial vendor.
- Initiate sending or retrieval of archival boxes and files with the office’s document storage vendor and facilitate our document shredding pickups and deliveries.
- Support the annual destruction process for the office, both paper and electronic.
- Maintain inventory logs for offsite and onsite records to properly track document storage and retention. Follow-up on borrowed materials according to a set schedule.
- Proactively support individual departments in the office in routine records management activities and special projects.
- Propose and implement enhancements to the electronic and paper based programs, both on and offsite, and foster best practices and maintain procedures within records management.
- Support other Information Team members in their areas of responsibility and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Recommended 1-3 years previous working experience in an investment, finance, banking, or professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word and Outlook) is required.
- Must be able to lift an archive box weighing up to 55 pounds on a regular or as needed basis.
- Familiarity with eDocs Hummingbird versions .10 – .16 strongly desired.
- Familiarity with Iron Mountain Connect and Kofax a plus.
- Solid customer service and attention to detail skills are essential.
- Must be able to learn new concepts within a complex and demanding environment.
- Must be willing and able to “own” the process and take responsibility for meeting challenging deadlines. This may require flexibility in hours from time to time.
- Have strong relationship management skills.
- Have both a strong work ethic and a sense of “getting it right”.
- Be a self-starter, self-motivated individual who is able to organize and manage own workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a “can do” attitude and be willing to do whatever it takes, consistent with the expectations for everyone else in the office.
This position will report to the Manager of the Information Team.
This position is temporary, non-exempt, and is required to be in the office between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. It may necessitate flexibility in hours, from time to time, with little or no advance notice. The duration of the temporary assignment is expected to last up to 6 months with the opportunity for extension.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Applicants should submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]