PORTSMOUTH PUBLIC LIBRARY (NH)
LIBRARIAN I – YOUTH SERVICES (37.5 HOURS)
Salary Range: $42,149 – $51,125
Qualifications: Candidates must possess a Master’s Degree in Library Science and/or an equivalent combination of education and relevant library experience. Candidates must also have advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of professional library services to children, teens and caregivers; a solid foundation in theories of infant, child and adolescent learning and development and their implications for library service; and knowledge and appreciation of children’s and teen literature.
- Participates in numerous aspects of youth and teen services such as, but not limited to: reference, readers’ advisory, outreach visits, grant writing, donation requests, budget allocation, promotion and advertising, establishing community liaisons, attending professional workshops, training of new staff, staying current in library services, implementing new ideas, among other responsibilities.
- Participates in materials selection and maintenance of youth and teen information resources, cultural materials, supplies and other collections.
- Directs students to academic research sources and delivers other customer reference services.
- Acts as a liaison to schools and other civic organizations serving youth and teens to actively promote library services.
- Participates in departmental social media efforts
- Participates in planning and implementation of library programs
- Assists with library outreach activities.
- Assists in promoting library services by creating displays and other publicity.
Here’s a link to the job listing:
To apply, email materials to [email protected].
To download the City’s application form, visit http://files.cityofportsmouth.com/hr/applicationform.pdf