The Eldredge Public Library is seeking applicants for the position of Library Assistant in Youth Services. This is a part-time, hourly (28 hours per week) position with benefits. One evening and Saturday hours are required with seasonal flexibility.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director/Youth Services Department Head, the Library Assistant will support the Youth Services team in all aspects of Children’s and Young Adult Services. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: circulation duties, reader’s advisory, programming support, and various collection development tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred, with experience working with children and teens; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must enjoy reading children’s and young adult literature
- Must be passionate about literacy of all kinds
- Strong technology skills, including the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- The ability to interact tactfully and appropriately with the public, the ability to treat patron’s requests with respect and confidentiality, the ability to multitask in a busy work environment, and the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner in the library, community and on social
Based Upon Experience, Competitive Benefit Package
Applicants must submit a letter of interest and resume to Amy Andreasson, Director, Eldredge Public Library, 564 Main Street, Chatham, MA 02633. The position will remain open until filled. The Eldredge Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.