Librarian 2 – State Library
Date Opened 11/1/2018 2:20:00 PM
Salary $66,213 – $85,597/year
Close Date 11/15/2018 11:59:00 PM
The Connecticut State Library is recruiting for a full time Librarian 2, located at 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, this is a 40 hour/week position and will require working some Saturdays. In this position, you will join a team of librarians providing outstanding legal and legislative research assistance to the State Library’s patrons in person, on the telephone, by email, or chat. As a Librarian 2 in the Access Services, Law/Legislative Reference division, you may work directly with library users including executive branch agencies, the General Assembly, the Judicial branch, the legal community and the general public to ensure that their use of the library’s valuable, unique, and extensive collections and resources meets their information needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – GENERAL EXPERIENCE
A Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science from a library school accredited by the American Library Association AND one year of post graduate degree experience in a relevant area of professional library work.
The preferred candidate will have:
- experience providing legal reference and research services in a public service law library
- knowledge of Connecticut legal and legislative procedures
- knowledge of print and electronic legal research tools including databases and e-books
- experience working with diverse patron groups in a multi-disciplinary library environment
- experience using software applications to improve library patron services
- experience with indexing and indexing software
The complete job posting and information about applying can be found at:
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.