|Duties/Description:||The Trustees of the Elizabeth Taber Library are seeking a dynamic library director to progressively develop the Library and its culture, and to champion the evolving and increasingly important role of the library in the Marion community.
The applicant must demonstrate excellent interpersonal abilities to help inspire the staff and engage patrons, collaborating effectively with Trustees, working with local government and community agencies.
· Managing the library budget
· Staff hiring, development and team building
· Refreshing the collection and materials in light of emerging trends and patron interest
· Innovation and oversight of library programming
· Maintaining a welcoming, functional and safe facility
· Updating and implementing procedures
· Securing grants and administration of fundraising
· Communications – internal and external outreach and public relations
· Preparing and executing long range plans
Marion is a beautiful seaside community with almost 5,000 residents. It has an excellent school system with one elementary school and regional middle and high schools.
|Qualifications:||A Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program is required, plus a minimum of three years of administrative and supervisory experience.
Fluency in emerging technologies is a must.
|Salary:||$60,000-$65,000 depending on qualifications and experience/35 hour week including some evening and weekend hours|
|Closing Date:||December 7th, 2018|
|Send:||Email resume and cover letter to:|