The Worcester Public Library is seeking candidates for the position of Talking Book Services Librarian!
This is a professional position working under the supervision of the Head of the Worcester Talking Book Library with overall oversight by the Head Librarian. This position is responsible for outreach, cataloging, and readers’ advisory services for individuals with a visual, physical or reading disability and involves collaborating with those organizations that serve them, as well as training and assisting patrons on various technologies catering to those with low vision. This position also includes supervisory responsibility as assigned. The ideal person in this position will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills and have experience working with diverse populations in an urban environment.
- Education: Master’s in Library Science Degree from a library school accredited by the American Library Association or approved by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners
- Experience: Relevant experience will be considered. Experience working with individuals who have a visual, physical or reading disability preferred.
- Schedule: Includes evening and weekend assignments and may include working assignments in other departments and locations
- Travel: Ability to travel to required locations in a timely manner. A valid driver’s license is required
- CORI/SORI: Must pass Criminal/ Sex Offender Background Check
- 1-2 years cataloging experience with a solid knowledge of ALA’s Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (AACR2) and familiarity with doing original cataloging of library materials
- Proficiency in descriptive cataloging, subject cataloging, Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), as well as MARC21 standards and at least one classification scheme such as LCC or DDC
Salary: $48,359.10 – $69,272.27 annually; $23.17 – $33.19 hourly
To see the full job description visit: www.mywpl.org/jobs-wpl