Boston College Libraries is looking for an energetic and creative technologist to join a team committed to re-imagining the user experience for tomorrow’s researchers. In collaboration with partners from across the Library, this role will envision, identify, develop, and implement new technologies that can seamlessly deliver library resources to users, and will also ensure that existing critical library access systems are maintained and optimized. The successful candidate will enjoy solving interesting problems, have a strong user focus, and be both daring and curious enough to try new ideas.
Through vision, leadership, and strategic thinking, the Library Systems Administrator will move the Library towards new solutions for resource delivery and access. This role will administer, optimize, and integrate existing critical library systems including resource sharing (ILLiad) and library access mechanisms (proxy server, link resolver), and will work closely with the Systems Librarian to support and optimize workflows for the library services platform (Alma).
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage, optimize, implement, troubleshoot, and document both vendor-supplied and in-house Library applications, including Alma, ILLiad, and EZProxy
- Collaborate with the Systems Librarian in the administration, configuration, and documentation of the library services platform (Alma)
- Participate in collaborative software development projects as a member of the Library Systems team
- Through user interviews, user testing, observations, and analysis, develop strategies to optimize and/or replace critical library systems
- Collaborate across Library departments to assess and improve library workflows, providing training and documentation as needed
- Investigate emerging technologies and bring new opportunities to key stakeholders
Salary Range: $67,700 – $84,650
- Bachelor’s degree; MLS/MLIS/MIS from an ALA Accredited School preferred
- Occasional weekend or off-work hours are required to handle system outages and routine maintenance.
- 2 years of related work experience
- Experience administering, implementing, and troubleshooting both vendor-supplied and in-house software applications; server administration for Windows and Linux
- Demonstrated ability to utilize user-centered design methodologies and usability principles
- Understanding network standards, security, and protocols
- Experience with use of proxy servers for IP authentication (e.g., EZProxy)
- Working knowledge of code version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and actively promote collaboration
More information and to apply: https://bc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=2566&site=1