The part-time library assistant works 20 hours a week during the academic year (30 weeks.) Hours will include a combination of morning, day, and evening hours. This position supports the Library Director and assists students, faculty, staff and community members with all library services including circulation, basic reference, and technology support.
- Assist students/faculty/others with checking items in and out as well as helping locate resources in online catalog, library databases, and web products.
- Assist patrons with and troubleshoot, as needed, all library equipment and applications
- Receive and process new materials
- Shelving of materials
- Help create material lists for research guides
- Create and rotate library displays
- Other clerical and library duties as assigned.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and proven library work experience as wells as comfort working with computers, mobile devices, social media and applications. The Library Assistant must genuinely enjoy working with high school aged students and be comfortable working alone. Knowledge of automated library systems, the Dewey Decimal System, and library research guides is required. Candidate must have means of transportation. The school is not near mass transit.
The Library Assistant must have the following physical qualifications:
- Ability to sit at circulation desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to regularly move throughout large building.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
This is a non-benefitted staff position. Hourly wage is $14.25. Please submit cover letter and resume by January 21st to Library Director Ann Massoth at [email protected]
No phone calls.