[NELA] Notice of Opening:
The Worcester Public Library is seeking candidates for the position of Librarian 1 – Circulation! The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer services skills and have experience working with diverse populations in an urban community. This is a beginning paraprofessional position under the direct supervision of the Circulation Services Manager. The individual will perform circulation clerical/administrative work; assists patrons in the use of the library services, facilities and equipment, interprets library policies to patrons and involves all operations related to circulation of library materials while delivering an excellent customer service experience at the Main Library and branch locations throughout the Library system. The ideal person in this position will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills and have experience working with diverse populations in an urban community.
· Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
· Experience: One year of data entry experience and/or community public service work, such as library, day care center, book store, or equivalent. Specific courses that have hands-on experience may be substituted for work experience.
· Schedule: Includes evening and weekend assignments and working in other departments and various locations.
· Travel: Ability to travel to require locations in a timely manner. A valid driver’s license is required.
· CORI/SORI: Must pass a Criminal/Sex Offender Background Check.
Salary: $29,407.84 – $38,633.01 annually; $14.09 – $18.51 hourly
For a detailed job description please visit: https://mywpl.org/jobs-wpl