NELA offers its members many opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
- Connect with library professionals across six New England states to share ideas, get inspired, and make lasting relationships.
- Attend a diverse selection of continuing educations programs at our annual conference and the spring one-day conferences from the ITS, NERTCL, and NETSL Sections.
- Develop leadership and teamwork building skills by becoming involved in committees, sections, or by serving as a NELA officer. Service offers the chance to work on event planning, budgeting, outreach, strategic planning and more. NELA also hosts a biennial leadership symposium, NELLS, designed to foster leadership skills in mid-career library professionals.
- Shadowing/mentoring opportunities foster professional knowledge and skills and help both participants strengthen their communication skills.
- Educate others in your field by submitting and presenting a program idea for Annual Conference
- Keep informed about regional news and trends through NELA News and email announcements.