The Mentors Program is designed to provide mentoring opportunities to librarians and paraprofessionals of diverse needs by volunteer mentors from various library fields and geographic locations. Every effort will be made to match participants with mentors who share stated interests.
- Both mentor and mentee must be NELA members in order to participate.
- All potential mentors may participate in a training program.
- Once matched, the mentor and mentee commit to a one-year term, during which they shall communicate monthly via phone, skype, email, or in person. Both mentor and mentee must be upfront and clear with each other about their availability and desired goals.
- After one year, mentors and mentees may choose to formally extend the term for another year.
- A mentor will not be assigned an additional mentee during the term.
- At the end of each term, both mentors and mentees will be asked to complete a brief evaluation that will serve to document the program’s success and aid in the review of program expectations and procedures.
Although this professional relationship may not be confidential, remember that personal information shared by participants should be considered confidential.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.