The Kennebunk Free Library is seeking a full-time Circulation Services Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Circulation Services Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising circulation activity, including issuing, return, and billing procedures. The Circulation Services Manager assists in the interviewing and training of circulation and shelving staff and volunteers; assists library patrons and guests in the use of library services, facilities, and equipment; supports the Library in meeting the educational and recreational needs of the community with library services as well as develops and promotes the use of library resources for literacy and life long learning.
- Understands and is able to perform all jobs related to circulation services, including but not limited to: charging, discharging, and renewing library materials; registering and re-registering patrons; receiving and processing reserves and system level hold requests; routing interlibrary loan requests; collecting and recording fines and fees; sending and receiving Minerva shipments
- Receives and resolves circulation-related problems
- Carries out procedures to identify and retrieve overdue materials, and settles problems arising from late, damaged, or lost materials
- Monitors the daily operation of the online circulation system, and acts as local liaison with Minerva on circulation matters
- Attends Minerva Circulation Roundtable and other meetings as assigned
- Oversees the delivery of library materials to homebound patrons
- Maintains statistics on circulation activity and on the use of non-circulating library services that are recorded at the Circulation Desk, and provides periodic reports as directed
- Is aware of all events, programs, and exhibits taking place at the Library and disseminates that information to all members of the staff and public
- Prepares the weekly rotating schedule for staffing the Adult and Children’s Room Circulation desks, securing substitutes when needed
- Skilled in the use of reference materials and ability to interpret reference questions
- Helps keep the Library running smoothly during daily operations
- Assists patrons in finding information and using library services and facilities
- Helps establish and maintain a high customer service performance standard
- Supports a safe environment for staff and the public
- Protect the rights of patrons including free access to information and confidential use of library materials
- Prepares displays, notices, press releases, newsletters, and other visual promotions of the library
- Prepares & presents programs featuring the collection, library services, books & learning for both adults and juveniles
- Works with staff and volunteers to shelve, shelf read, and shift in the Adult Department stacks
- Performs other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of relevant library experience is required. Experience with Minerva preferred. The Circulation Services Manager must have a working knowledge of common computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel, possess the ability to learn new computer programs, and possess the ability to work accurately and efficiently with a multitude of details in a busy atmosphere.
For a full job description and contact information, please visit our website at: http://kennebunklibrary.org/employment.asp