Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of User Services and Engagement and in support of the mission of the Harvard Kennedy School, the Research and Instruction Librarian is responsible for providing in-depth library research and instructional support for the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS).
- Consults with and instructs library users in devising research strategies, identifying appropriate research materials, and in using those materials effectively.
- Plans and conducts library orientations and workshops.
- Builds strong relationships with HKS students, research staff, departmental and research center heads.
- Working closely with the Manager of User Services and Engagement actively promotes services across the HKS community and participates in outreach programs and initiatives related to LKS user services.
- Works collaboratively on cross-functional teams to move LKS projects and initiatives forward.
- Represents LKS on HKS and Harvard Library committees and task forces.
- Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge on the job.
- Contributes to the improvement of library services and programs.
Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution or equivalent education required.
- Minimum 4 years of library reference experience
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in preparing and conducting library instruction
- Commitment to outstanding public service, flexibility, initiative, creativity and enthusiasm for teaching and working collaboratively
- Desire to learn user needs and recommend solutions to improve library service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in citation management tools
- Experience working with a diverse patron group
- Knowledge of information resources in subject areas that coincide with Harvard Kennedy School curriculum and research
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/yqxf7fbnqkxfnkrc