A comprehensive land-, sea-, and space-grant university, UNH is the state’s flagship public university and is ideally located in the rural town of Durham, with ready access to the Maine and New Hampshire seacoasts, Boston, and the White Mountains. The University actively creates and nurtures a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences and cultural backgrounds pursue goals with mutual respect and shared spirit of inquiry. UNH has just under 13,000 undergraduate students and 2,200 graduate students.
Under the general direction of the Library Senior Manager, this position is responsible for Multimedia services and Course Reserves operations and will exercise independent judgment to improve workflow and operations, unify services and make autonomous decisions regarding policies and procedures. This is a full time, temporary (one year) appointment. The incumbent is a member of the Circulation Department management team and shares responsibility for the department; while it will be rare, there may be times when weekend and evening work will be required as needed.
- Provide leadership for and oversee several UNH Library services including set up and use of streaming media services, Multimedia Reserves, Circulation Reserves, maintenance of the Multimedia collection, ensures patron requests are communicated to Acquisitions, researches and determines copyright implications for new service offerings and communicates copyright policies.
- Review workflows and Implement and assess new workflows as needed. Analyze usage data and statistics to recommend improvements to unify and/or streamline services in Reserves and Multimedia and review and analyze statistical data compiled from desk tracking software. With Circulation management team, develop and maintain management and statistics. Work with Circulation management team to make recommendations to workflow and policy based on results.
- Provide work direction for two daytime/weekend Operating Staff. Is the primary contact for scheduling, workflow, setting expectations and establishing priorities. Share feedback with Circulation Senior Manager for annual coaching for performance cycle.
- With managers and staff, train full and part-time staff and student assistants in usage of desk tracking software and use of specialized equipment(micro reader, PALS DVD player, disc cleaner and A/V equipment in Studio 235) and software, to ensure consistent data is kept.
- Perform public service activities, including, but not limited to, circulating materials, directing patrons to various collections and departments, assist patrons with the use of the public catalog and navigation of the library website and online resources, provide basic reference and information services, register patrons for borrowing privileges, respond to and resolve patron issues or complaints.
- Communicate exceptions, changes, and special situations to Circulation staff, Branch Libraries, and others as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of library work experience and/or combination of higher education and related work experience equal to six years.
- Experience analyzing and improving workflows.
- Experience leading projects.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in a variety of computer applications including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and experience using the internet, email and other relevant software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Course reserves and/or streaming media experience.
- Supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- Experience with the Library’s Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Strong service orientation.
To apply, visit http://jobs.usnh.edu/postings/25736.
is an AA/EEO Employer. UNH is committed to excellence through the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages women and minorities to apply.