Insert expectations/scope here.
Membership in the New England Library Association provides unique opportunities for professional growth and development. Members can enjoy a broader network of viewpoints, ideas, and colleagues while still having the advantage of working on a personal and manageable scale. The NELA community promotes work both within and across New England states and collaboration with state associations and colleagues from all areas and management levels is strongly encouraged.
- Connect with library professionals across six New England states and from all areas of librarianship to share ideas, get inspired, and make lasting relationships.
- Attend a diverse selection of continuing educations programs at our annual conference and the spring one-day conferences from the ITS, NERTCL, and NETSL Sections.
- Develop leadership and teamwork building skills by becoming involved in committees, sections, or by serving as a NELA officer. Service offers the chance to work on event planning, budgeting, outreach, strategic planning and more. NELA also hosts a biennial leadership symposium, NELLS, designed to foster leadership skills in mid-career library professionals.
- Shadowing/mentoring opportunities foster professional knowledge and skills and help both participants strengthen their communication skills.
- Educate others in your field by submitting and presenting a program idea for Annual Conference.
- Keep informed about regional news and trends through NELA News and email announcements.