Website Alamo College District
Librarian SAC req6266 posting:
Librarian – SAC – req6266: This position will also lead efforts to inspire Open Education Resources (OER) use and raises awareness of faculty and librarians to develop, adopt, and assess OER materials for the benefit of students. The person selected will also assist faculty and librarians with locating and adapting OER and library resources for class curriculum and integrating into Learning Management System (LMS) (e.g. Canvas). They will also develop, coordinate, implement, and assess high impact programming and services aimed at improving student engagement, retention and success.
- Posting closes on: 7/31/2020 at 6:00pm CST
- Hours per Week: 40
- Hourly or Salaried: Salary
- Funding source: Hard Money
- Number of opening: 1
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
1819 N Main Ave
San Antonio, Texas, 78212
Outside working hours if other than M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: 7:30am to 7:30pm, Monday through Sunday or as needed.
Job Summary and Description
Performs professional librarian duties in an academic environment. Overall is lead for all library technology development and works on OER implementation. Assists in the planning and implementing of information technologies. Provides technology leadership to library operations. Initiates projects to develop library services and integrate OER across campus. The person selected will also assist faculty and librarians with locating and adapting OER and library resources for class curriculum.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Master’s degree from an American Library Association accredited program.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience working as lead in resolving library technology issues.
- Leads efforts to inspire OER use and raises awareness of faculty and librarians to develop, adopt, and assess OER materials for the benefit of students.
- Experience working with library electronic resources and library technology platforms.
- Develops programming to promote OER and library resources to student and faculty scholarship.
- Integrates library into other technologies like Canvas LMS.
- Experience with EZproxy and resolving off-campus access issues.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com