Website Bernstein Shur
Bernstein Shur is seeking an accomplished and motivated Law Librarian/Information Analyst professional to join the largest, most innovative and progressive law firm in the State of Maine to help redefine the librarian role to align with today’s fast paced law office needs. Our ideal candidate must be a proactive and self-motivated team-oriented individual who is very tech savvy and an excellent multi-tasker who works well under time constraints.
Responsibilities managing library operations, conducting professional research and reference services for library users and business development needs; training library users on the use of legal research applications as well as emerging electronic resources; conducting periodic reviews of new and existing electronic resources with an eye toward improved service and research efficiencies; performing various cataloging procedures for all types of library resources; collection development and maintenance, managing vendor relationships, budget development, financial management and library administrative duties.
- Excellent online research skills (including Westlaw, Lexis and Bloomberg) and in-depth familiarity with both electronic and print resources.
- Knowledge of library trends and emerging technologies; ability to incorporate new ideas and processes into research methods and shared services.
- Initiative; excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Lifting heavy boxes and equipment up to 25 pounds and some driving to satellite locations.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from a library school that is accredited by the ALA.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in an academic or law library setting.
The firm offers a first-rate compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation, personal time and parental leave. Bernstein Shur offers free parking in downtown Portland, ME. All of our employees participate in both firm and community activities. Bernstein Shur is proud to have been honored as a Best Places to Work in Maine in 2018. Bernstein Shur is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.bernsteinshur.com.