Website Coventry Public Library
The Head of Youth Services is responsible for coordinating and supervising activities for children including planning, organizing, and directing programs and events; selecting and shelving new materials and weeding old materials; providing education, information and assistance to patrons and the community; and responding to inquiries, requests and complaints.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for program development for children; prepares, publicizes and implements programs such as pre-school story hours, summer reading programs, after school and vacation programs.
- Coordinates and conducts library tours and orientation for groups and individuals.
- Provides reference and reader advisory services; assists patrons in selecting and locating appropriate print and non-print materials for children.
- Selects materials for collection development by reading professional journals, catalogs, and internet sources; weeds out and properly discards old and outdated materials; and shelves newly acquired materials.
- Supervises youth services/young adult librarian, part-time staff and volunteers.
- Gathers and maintains statistics, compiles monthly, and forwards to Director.
- Ensures for the general maintenance of the Youth Services Room, creates displays, and orders furnishings and equipment.
- Attends professional meetings, workshops, and trainings in order to stay informed about developments in the field of library services for youth.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Creativity, planning, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Sierra, Microsoft Office, and use of PC computers.
Qualifications: A candidate for this position must have a Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from an American Library Association accredited college or university, and three (3) to five (5) years of library experience working with children.
Hours: 35 hours a week, including one evening.
Salary: Starts at $49,165 and includes full benefits package.
To apply, email cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org