Position: Youth Services Librarian
The Eldredge Public Library seeks a full-time Youth Services Librarian who is creative, enthusiastic, and energetic to join an outstanding team of professionals.
The Eldredge Public Library is located in Chatham, MA. Approximately 90 miles southeast of Boston and 19 miles east of Hyannis, Chatham is located on the “elbow” of Cape Cod and is one of 15 towns that make up Barnstable County. Considered a tourist destination, Chatham experiences dramatic population growth during weekends, holidays, and summer months – nearly four times the year-round population. Residents and visitors alike value the “small town” feel of the library while expecting a diverse collection of print and digital resources, innovative programming, and cutting edge technology.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director/Youth Services Department Head, the Youth Services Librarian is responsible for:
· providing exemplary customer service
· assisting with collection development
· providing readers advisory services
· creating, coordinating and executing developmentally appropriate programming for newborns through 18 years old
· providing support for parents and caregivers through resources and programming
· collaborating with schools and community organizations
· maintaining an inviting physical space that supports learning and recreational activities
· creating a variety of communications to promote activities and resources
· representing the library throughout the community and to agencies and organizations serving children and teens and their adult caregivers
This is a full-time position (37 hours), requiring nights and Saturdays, and seasonable flexibility.
· Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited school, a minimum of three years library experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Thorough knowledge of children’s and young adult literature, a high level of skill in creating compelling programs for various age groups, and the ability to communicate with and inspire young readers
· Understanding of children’s and young adult developmental stages
· Excellent customer service and oral/written communication skills
· Comfortable with new technology as well as social media
· Physical ability to meet the demands and uniqueness of a busy Youth Services Department
· An inclusive and collaborative thinker
· Passionate advocate for literacy of all kinds
Based Upon Experience, Competitive Benefit Package
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Amy Andreasson, Library Director, Eldredge Public Library, 564 Main Street, Chatham, MA 02633
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Eldredge Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org