Website Farmington Library
Publicity, Marketing and Web Presence Librarian – The Farmington Libraries
The Farmington Libraries are seeking an experienced and creative librarian dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to join our team as Publicity, Marketing and Web Presence Librarian. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for working on new projects and ideas, and a passion for serving the community. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Publicity, Marketing and Web Presence Librarian is responsible for design and implementation of library-wide branding and marketing.
Duties include, but are not limited to: design and creation of signage, logos and publications; design and content creation of the libraries’ newsletter; composition and dissemination of press releases; supervision of social media accounts; content creation for the libraries’ website; filming and editing of promotional videos; drafting of grant proposals and applications; providing passport application service to patrons; assistance with the planning and promotion of major library programs and other tasks as assigned. Working with the public on the Information Desk is required, including an evening and Saturday rotation.
Minimum Requirements: MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited institution. Two years’ experience working in public libraries or a related field, and a minimum of one year of experience: using professional graphic design software; managing web content using Word Press. Post-secondary degree or coursework in Fine Arts or Graphic Design preferred. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as attention to detail are necessary for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting salary of $50,250 per year. Excellent benefit package includes health insurance, pension plan, paid vacation and sick leave.
To apply, please send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 31, 2020. The Farmington Libraries are an EOE/AA employer.
The Farmington Libraries
Marketing and Publicity Librarian
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director, the Marketing Librarian is responsible for implementation of library-wide branding and marketing materials.
· Manage marketing and publicity efforts including library branding, publication design, logo design and the creation of library signage.
· Responsible for the content on the Library’s social media accounts.
· Creates content for the Library’s website in collaboration with the Information Technology Manager.
· Films and edits promotional videos for the Library.
· Responsible for the design, content creation, and dissemination of the Libraries’ email newsletter.
· Composes press releases for Library programs and events and sends to appropriate news outlets.
· Oversees gallery shows at the Main Library, including hosting of artist receptions.
· Assists in the identification of potential grant opportunities, and in the drafting of grant proposals and applications.
· Provides passport application service to patrons.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Works with the public at the Information Desk as scheduled including an evening and Saturday rotation.
· Keeps informed of new and emerging technologies, marketing tools and innovations.
· Must be flexible, able to handle multiple competing priorities and tasks, adaptable to change, and able to work effectively and meet deadlines, in a fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment.
· Participates in Library teams, committees, and trainings in support of Library strategic initiatives.
· Attends professional meetings and workshops, and participates in professional organizations and committees with approval from the Executive Director.
· Assists the Friends of the Farmington Library with publicity and marketing as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Must have knowledge of and be able to apply effective marketing practices for organizations.
· Ability to use professional graphic design software for Library marketing and branding initiatives.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative partnerships with outside agencies, organizations and individuals.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships.
· Ability to use good judgement, initiative and resourcefulness when dealing with library administration, colleagues, professional contacts, and the public.
· Ability to be effective under changing work priorities and with frequent interruptions.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· MLS/MLIS from an ALA accredited institution.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in public libraries.
· Minimum 2 years of providing reference service to adult patrons.
· Minimum 2 years of experience using professional graphic design software.
· Experience writing grant proposals.
· Must be capable of being certified by the US Dept. of Homeland Security to process passports.
· Post-secondary education or training in fine/graphic arts or marketing preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
· Ability to stand, walk, walk up and down stairs, reach, grasp, kneel, squat and bend.
· Ability to lift 25 lbs.
· Ability to push/pull loaded book truck.
· Driver’s license and own transportation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com