Do you want to be part of a dynamic, professional team in a beautiful, recently renovated library?
Do you find fulfillment in making a difference for a highly engaged community that embraces its library as a space for everyone?
Do you enjoy developing forward-looking, creative approaches to new challenges and opportunities?
Do you want opportunities and support to grow as a library professional?
If so, Hopkinton could be the vibrant, growing community and library for you!
All members of our team are vital contributors to our mission to provide exceptional, innovative service as the heart and hub of the Hopkinton community. We invite candidates with initiative, flexibility, inventive thinking, and a passion for collaboration to consider a position in the Hopkinton Public Library as the next step in their careers.
Hours: 40 hours/week to include at least one evening per week; may be required to participate in weekend rotation.
Hiring Salary: $20.93/hour
The Hopkinton Public Library is seeking an energetic, customer-focused Senior Library Assistant with a cataloging background to join our tight-knit team and support expanded services to our community. We are a busy suburban library experiencing an active period of growth and change in the wake of a recent renovation that quadrupled our floor space and doubled our use levels.
The Senior Library Assistant-Technical Services works under the direction of the Library Director. This position performs more complex technical, administrative, and clerical work in support of cataloging, acquisition, and preparing materials for circulation while supporting the daily operations of the Library and providing a high level of customer service; requires tact, flexibility, attention to detail, and discretion in working in an energetic, fast-paced work environment. The person in this position is primarily responsible for cataloging library materials, assisting patrons at the Circulation Desk, and helping to ensure that all staff at the Circulation Desk are consistently following policies and procedures.
A full job description is attached to the Town’s online job posting at https://groups.google.com/a/hopkintonma.gov/forum/#!topic/jobs/dlHalvXZ1d0.
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must meet the following to be considered qualified for this position:
Education, Training and Experience
- Equivalent to an Associates Degree; additional library coursework preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience cataloging materials in a library setting.
- Minimum of three or more years of relevant customer service experience within a public library system strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in utilizing software programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, and other basic office software as well as library-specific programs including an integrated library system (ILS).
- Experienced in the use of technology and electronic resources and possesses the interest and ability to acquire new technology skills as needed.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of library work, including customer service knowledge and principles of cataloging and collections.
- Good communication and excellent customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- Ability to demonstrate thoughtful leadership in fostering a culture of excellence and growth among teammates.
- Multilingual (ability to read and catalog materials) is a plus. We are about to create non-English language collections for area residents who have primarily immigrated from China and India.
Internal and External Applicants: To be considered for this position, please submit the required Application for Employment (attached to the Town’s online job posting at https://groups.google.com/a/hopkintonma.gov/forum/#!topic/jobs/dlHalvXZ1d0) and resume to email@example.com no later than 4:30 pm, Thursday, February 27, 2020. While the preferred method of application is through e-mail or online, applications will also be accepted via walk-in or mail to Town Hall, Human Resources Department, 18 Main Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748. The Town of Hopkinton is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
To apply for this job please visit groups.google.com.