Website Kimball Library
Kimball Library Director
The Kimball Library Board of Trustees in Atkinson, NH seeks an enthusiastic and energetic community-minded leader to serve as its new Library Director. The Kimball Library is an active library with over 750 adult and children’s programs offered annually. The library is the center of learning, creativity, collaboration, and social meeting space for the Atkinson community, with strong support from its residents, Friends of the Library, and Trustee Board.
The Director of the Kimball Library is a professional position under the direct supervision of the Board of Trustees. The Director performs managerial duties related to planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting, reporting and building maintenance for all library services.
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS or MLS) from an institution accredited by the ALA.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible library experience, and at least three (3) years of supervisory experience, preferably in a public library setting.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to publicly promote the vision and needs of the library.
- Skilled at building budgets, tracking funds, identifying funding needs; resourceful and efficient use of limited resources.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Understands current and emerging library trends, as well as best practices for libraries.
- Extensive knowledge of library information science and of library management principles, practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of financial management and personnel management.
- Considerable knowledge of library policies and procedures
- Current knowledge of library operations & developments in the state and on national levels.
- Current knowledge of new trends in library management and technology.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct a sustained program of library services.
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with others, such as trustees, library patrons, representatives of community organizations, volunteers and town officials.
- Ability to supervise others, train them, evaluate their performance and administer discipline, as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and identify community needs as those needs relate to library programs and services.
- Ability to manage the internal and external communications of the Library, including, but not limited to, printed and electronic media (such as website and social media presence).
- Must be able to collaborate with the Board of Trustees, the Friends of Kimball Library and the greater community to develop, enhance, advance and evaluate the library’s mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Ability to work closely and collaborate with all town departments.
- May require lifting up to 25 lbs, moving tables & chairs, and standing/sitting/bending/squatting for periods of time.
This is a full time (40 hours/week), exempt position, and includes some evening hours and occasional weekend hours. The library offers a competitive salary range ($68,000-$74,000) commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits and NH Retirement System.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. No paper applications will be accepted. Applications received by January 31, 2020 will be given priority consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org