Website Concord Public Library
Library Intern (2 positions)
Employer: Concord Public Library
Period of Employment: August 5 – December 28th, 2019
Compensation: $17.00/hour, 24 hours/week. Includes some evenings/weekends
- Assists with community engagement via participation in the library’s social media and digital marketing activities.
- Assists with patron access to and use of local history collection and digitization/management of these resources.
- Assists with a reorganization of the library’s physical collections to improve collection access
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services for patrons; assists in the location of sources and the selection of materials, instructs patrons in the use of online catalog.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of areas of the collection as assigned; uses standard selection tools and guidelines as outlined in the Selection Policy to order new material with budgeted funds; removes worn or unused books from the collection.
- Performs circulation functions; checks out materials; registers new library patrons and renews expired registrations; collects and records payment of fines; places requested items on reserve; explains library policies and procedures, sorts returned materials for shelving by pages; balances monies collected; aids patrons in the use of self-check machine.
- Performs Technical Services functions; utilize the library’s automated system to catalog materials; process new materials; perform Interlibrary Loan tasks.
- Participates in program planning for all ages and production.
- Provides staff coverage at branch libraries.
- Processes and delivers intra-branch and interlibrary loan requests.
- Develops displays to promote library services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- MLS/MLIS degree or enrollment in a graduate program preferred in addition to a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university.
- Knowledge of Library policies, procedures, terminology, and materials.
- General office procedures, including computer usage and applications.
- Basic mathematical computations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Frequently lift light and occasionally heavy objects up to 25 pounds.
- Recording monetary transactions using basic bookkeeping techniques.
- Communicating clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
Forward Cover Letter, Resume and Reference to:
Todd Fabian, Director
Concord Public Library
45 Green Street, Concord, NH 03301
OR email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org