Website Massachusetts Higher Education Consortium (MHEC)
MHEC – Procurement Contract Manager
The Massachusetts Higher Education Consortium (MHEC) is New England’s premier procurement consortium with a membership of nearly 2000 higher education, K-12 public & private schools and municipalities.
We have an immediate need for a full-time Procurement Contract Manager, reporting to a Sr. Contract Manager, responsible for the management of a contract portfolio in excess of $50 million. This unique portfolio is currently comprised of (but not limited to) commodity categories such as Library Books, Text Books and Electronic Media, Archival Products & Services, Subscription Management Services, the exciting area of Makerspace & Virtual Reality Technology and specialty RFID and scanning equipment.
To successfully oversee contracts, managers must possess a variety of skills including legal compliance, negotiation, record keeping and Member & Supplier relationship management. The successful candidate must exhibit the ability and desire to exceed the procurement requirements of our member community and to become a valued contributor to the overall contract development and management process within the organization.
Management of existing contracts
· Maintain contractual records to ensure legal compliance & procurement best practice
· Confirm that organizational policy, procedures and objectives are met
· Conduct supplier training and performance evaluations
· Act as liaison, facilitator or mediator between suppliers and members
· Perform on-going contract analysis
Management of new and renewal contract development
· Develop bid specifications consistent with defined M.G.L. Chapter 30B public bidding requirements
· Develop bid evaluation criteria to ensure a fair, open and competitive bid
· Identify and market to potential suppliers
· Research trends, perform market place assessment & identify benchmarks
· Evaluate submitted offers and negotiate prices as applicable
· Prepare member cost savings/benefit analysis
· Develop long range contract strategies
Outreach and communication
· Establish and build relationships with current and new members in New England
· Attend relevant member events & trade shows
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
· Passion for contract development, bidding and negotiation
· Proven outreach and communications skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Access
· Public/Municipal bidding process experience (a plus)
· MCPPO certification (a plus)
Professional and Educational Experience:
· 5-7 years applicable experience
· BS or BA is required; will consider work experience
· Consideration will be given to prior procurement experience; private or public
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
The fully benefited position requires light to moderate physical effort demanded when performing functions under typical office and computer use conditions. Light to moderate physical effort and stamina required for moderate travel and transport of work-related materials and equipment to meeting and training sites. The successful candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation. Must possess a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License valid for use in Massachusetts and provide the means of transportation to fulfill job duties throughout New England and attend relevant meetings. Candidates must be eligible for permanent employment in the United States, and appointments are subject to a criminal background check. The MHEC is an equal employment opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Christopher Raymond, MHEC, 100 University Drive, Suite 1, Amherst, MA 01003, firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters of interest will be accepted until July 19, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com