Website The Westport Library
PROGRAM ASSOCIATE (PART- TIME)
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM & EVENTS MANAGER
The mission of Westport Library is to empower individual and strengthen the community through dynamic interaction and the lively exchange of ideas. The Programming Associate will support the mission through the development and delivery of innovative best-in-class programs that entertain, inform, educate, build a sense of community and inspire people to make an impact on the world.
Reporting to the Program & Events Manager, the Program Associate will support the creation and manage the implementation of engaging adult programs and events that are responsive to community needs.
• Plan, organize and manage programs and special events
• As directed, actively engage with the community and community organizations to identify programming needs
• Research, make contact and negotiate with potential program presenters and performers.
• Lead several programs each month, including obtaining and preparing all necessary materials.
• Maintain a host of ongoing programs while introducing new programs and special events that respond to patron and community demand.
• Coordinate programs to work into library strategic initiatives, departmental objectives, and community events.
• Set up and clean-up program space, assist presenter(s), and ensure that both the presenter and customers have a positive experience.
• Work with the Marketing and Communications Department to increase awareness of programs and promote attendance by submitting relevant information to Marketing in a timely manner and actively market programs directly and through partners
• Support statistics tracking and analysis by recording information on programs and program attendance in Program Tracking sheet.
• Maintain current knowledge of library and programming trends.
• Schedule includes day, night and weekend hours.
• Additional duties as required.
• College degree preferred. Programming experience required. Public service and Library experience desirable.
• Proven ability to both independently and collaboratively plan, organize and coordinate programs.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Very strong communication skills both orally and in writing and excellent public speaking ability.
• Strong hospitality, customer service orientation, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Exhibits flexibility and a willingness to work in a dynamic, busy, and changing environment.
• Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule that includes day, night and weekend hours required.
• Ability to learn new technology and equipment, apply this to job duties and train others on how to use it.
Interested candidates please e-mail your resume and application materials to email@example.com and include the title of the position in the subject line of your e-mail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org