Website Thomas Crane Public Library
General Statement of Duties:
The Coordinator of Information Technology Services manages all aspects of system-wide technology, including the design, deployment and maintenance of the library’s computer systems, and administers all data networks and telecommunications; Evaluates current and emerging technologies and develops technology plans to meet community needs; Facilitates and supports the integration of technology into library services.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manages a 150+ device data network in four physical locations, including public time and print management systems, servers, devices and peripherals, software, data collection and data backups.
• Manages help desk functions and responds to support requests in a timely fashion.
• Manages media technology and services, including presentation equipment, sound and assisted listening systems, and video gaming platforms.
• Assists in orienting the public to new technology equipment and services.
• In collaboration with other library staff, develops public services and programming related to technology, including maker and STEAM activities.
• Instructs and supports staff in the operation and basic maintenance of technology equipment.
• Develops an annual technology plan and budget in collaboration with library administration.
● M.L.S. from an ALA-accredited library school and a demonstrated commitment to continuing professional education
● Undergraduate or graduate level coursework in computer science or information technology an asset
● Three years of successful related work experience with infrastructure, desktop, and security administration in a library or similar environment
● Extensive knowledge of library technology and web-based products and services
● Working knowledge of all Windows operating systems and applications, Active Directory, group policies, and SaaS
● Two years of experience providing direct technology support to users
● Two years of experience as a supervisor or team leader
● Strong leadership ability, including initiative, creativity, and flexibility
● Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to establish priorities, plan short- and long-term objectives, handle multiple competing priorities, assign and follow up on tasks, and meet reasonable deadlines
Full job description at http://thomascranelibrary.org/jobs
To apply for this job please visit thomascranelibrary.org.